As a leader, I connect my teammates and colleagues passions to larger group goals, shaping individual efforts into collective action.
As a designer, I create compelling user experiences from intuitive flows, actionable data, and moments of surprise and delight.
100x Group / BitMEX2018-2021
For 100x—a cryptocurrency derivatives and trading technologies firm—I hired, managed, and led the five-member User Experience & Design team, responsible for mobile, web, brand, customer research, and regulatory and compliance features.
Head of User Experience & Design
- Built, led, and managed the User Experience & Design team with 100% retention
- Led initial design of the BitMEX native mobile trading application, which traded over
$1b in contracts in its first 6 months
- Established the brand identity for 100x Group, BitMEX’s parent company
- Directed strategic UX iniatives to improve trading experiences on BitMEX
I led the user interface design of Fitbit’s first smartwatch, Fitbit Blaze, and subsequently defined their cross-platform watch and tracker design system, while launching three generations of wearables to over ten million satisfied customers.
Principal Designer, Smartwatches
- Established the user-interface design system for FitbitOS smartwatches
- Unified Fitbit‘s watch and tracker platform UI, simplifying future product releases
- Launched Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa, receiving 4 and 4.5 star ratings on Amazon
- Designed, launched, and supported Fitbit‘s first smartwatch user interface
- Refreshed the data visualisation design language on Fitbit‘s mobile apps
- Ported GPS run-tracker designs to the Fitbit Android app
frog design, inc.2008-2014
I began at frog—a renowned international design agency—as a junior designer, and over time became the the visual design lead for complex end-to-end research and strategy programs.
Senior Visual Designer
- Motion, visual, user experience, and participatory research design
- End-to-end research and strategy for consumer epilepsy detection and management
- Multi-city participatory research & design around consumer messaging behavior
Visual Designer II
- Motion, visual and interaction design for hardware and software programs.
- Led visual design for mobile and in-person banking experiences
- Designed exploratory hardware and software concepts for Disney Parks & Resorts
Visual Designer I
- Motion and visual design for telecom, entertainment, and healthcare clients
- Created a complete motion framework for a from-scratch mobile operating system